Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use a billing service when I can do my billing in house?
There are many reasons to utilize a billing service. A billing service’s main focus is to obtain maximum reimbursement for the services you provide. We have the time to do the follow-up on every level. Your staff has multiple duties, patient care being their main concern. It is impossible for your staff to stay abreast of all the follow-up work, insurance regulations, patient care and concerns. Utilizing a billing services will relieve the stress on your staff of having to sit on the phone with insurance companies, wasting their valuable time and energy when it should be put to use in caring for your patients.
What are some of the benefits of outsourcing?
- 1. Claims are submitted within 24 hours of receipt from your office.
- 2. Reimbursement is accelerated because we care about getting you paid-cashflow is increased.
- 3. Overlooked, neglected, late or inaccurate insurance claims or patient statements are no longer an issue.
- 4. Minimal Paper work
- 5. You don’t have pay for vacation or sick time.
- 6 .You don’t have to purchase postage, claim forms, letterhead or envelopes anymore.
- 7. You save time and money.
What do we need to give GMAC to do the billing?
Patient information sheet, both sides of the patient’s insurance card, daily super bill or day sheet, CPT, ICD-9, modifiers and HCPC codes, referring physician’s name and referral number.
How do we get information to you?
You can fax daily or weekly, mail or we can pick up on a weekly basis.
Are you HIPAA Compliant?
Yes, we are. We are continually educating ourselves to stay compliant.